Wednesday, September 18, 2013

PrimeFaces Extensions 1.0

This week, Oleg released a RC of PrimeFaces Extensions as you can read here: PrimeFaces Extensions 1.0.0.RC1 released

To be honest, i had not much time to improve anything in PrimeFaces Extensions.
I'm PrimeFaces committer since January 2013 and it was more fun to implement new features, working on complex stuff together with Çağatay or improve performance directly in PrimeFaces Core.
I also will blog about some of this features the next weeks.

The biggest of my changes in PrimeFaces Extensions 1.0 are the PrimeFaces 4.0 compatibility and a new CKEditor version (4.2.1 now).

It's not sooo easy to marry CKEditor and the resource handling of JSF. I had to adjust some of there code and created some issues on their side.
If they will improve it and fix those issues, updating CKEditor will much easier in the future.
CKEditor removed and introduced new skins. Supported skins are "kama" and "moono" now.

We also added support for "my" new Search Expression Framework of PrimeFaces 4.0 in all our components.

We were also able to clean up some code because i could move some features or API changes directly to PrimeFaces Core.

Stay tuned for the final release!

1 comment:

  1. > I'm PrimeFaces committer since January 2013 and it was more fun to implement new features, working on complex stuff together with Çağatay or improve performance directly in PrimeFaces Core.

    +1 software developers love adding new stuff/software/components and performance enhancements. I love doing that to/in my app, too. it is fun. sometimes, it takes work/time, but when it's done, wow, it is nice/cool stuff!

    > We also added support for "my" new Search Expression Framework of PrimeFaces 4.0 in all our components.

    "my"??? wow +1 +1 :)

    loving your work/contributions on/with/to PrimeFaces! Keep up the good work, Thomas!

    honestly, my app does feel a bit faster now, since I'm running PrimeFaces 4.0.RC1. I love high-performance! I used to love high performance cars, but now I love high performance software, especially being developer that contributes to making the software...perform better!

    ReplyDelete